Welcome! We are pleased you’ve taken the first step in joining such a prestigious organization that is dedicated to optimizing health engagements and care outcomes through information technology. The South Florida chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (SFLHIMSS) is your gateway to new knowledge, contacts, skills and more. As a member, you can take advantage of top-notch healthcare IT programs right in your local area.
Transforming healthcare through technology will take all of us working together. Find your niche and start contributing your ideas to HIMSS initiatives and to the national healthcare agenda. There are a variety of ways for you to utilize your membership to its full potential, and to become as involved as you’d like. Join your peers in one of our vibrant communities, committees or this chapter and start making a difference right now!
Below are a list of our committees. If interested in joining, please contact the corresponding Board member and they’ll help orient you to the committee and discuss with you our various opportunities. We’re always looking for volunteers to help with events throughout the year. To volunteer your time at one of our events throughout the year, please email email@example.com.
- Improve outreach to state and federal legislators on healthcare IT matters
- Make the South Florida HIMSS chapter the recognized resource for legislators seeking information on HIT
- Coordinate a state level advocacy event
- Aggregate information regarding HIT legislation for dissemination to the chapter membership
- Maintain a strong membership roster
- Involve a wide constituency in the chapter including clinical, informatics, students and HIT professionals.
- Continue to grow chapter membership through local and national events
- Bring innovative thought leaders into the SFHIMSS roster
Program Planning Committee
- Develops and implements plans for annual chapter events and networking opportunities, including the annual IntegraTe event, the golf scholarship event, the student event and any networking events held throughout the year.
- Find speakers for our educational sessions that draw upon event themes
- Make recommendations on what topics/themes might be of interest to participants
- Establish connections with subject matter experts in the industry to provide educational opportunities for our members
- Creates and maintains key relationships with partners and vendors.
- Promote the value of SFHIMSS and sell sponsorships, exhibit booths and advertising at chapter events to ensure that there is a steady volume of sponsors sufficient to cover the chapter's planned activities for the year.
Be sure to check us out on LinkedIn and Twitter!
SFLHIMSS was organized to promote the professional development of members, to improve the reputation of the profession and to encourage advancement in the field of health care management systems. Our objectives are to promote the sharing of ideas and experiences, work on joint projects at the local level and to provide a forum for meeting and networking among local professionals in the field of healthcare systems.
The SFLHIMSS chapter was first organized in 1988 and has grown both in sophistication and membership. The chapter started with a dozen members and can now boast that it has over 1,200 members. The Board of Directors is elected by the membership. The geographic area outlined in the by-laws of the SFLHIMSS chapter includes Broward, Dade, Collier, Hendry, Lee, Martin, Monroe, Palm Beach Counties, Latin America, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean. National HIMSS members not in these counties have the option to choose the SFLHIMSS chapter as their local chapter.
HIMSS is the healthcare industry's membership organization exclusively focused on providing global leadership for the optimal use of healthcare information technology and management systems for the betterment of healthcare. Founded in 1961 with offices in Chicago, Washington D.C., Brussels, and other locations across the United States and Europe, HIMSS represents more than 20,000 individual members and over 300 corporate members that collectively represent organizations employing millions of people. HIMSS frames and leads healthcare public policy and industry practices through its advocacy, educational and professional development initiatives designed to promote information and management systems' contributions to ensuring quality patient care. Visit www.himss.org
for more information.