Transforming healthcare through technology will take all of us working together. Find your niche and start contributing your ideas to HIMSS initiatives and to the national healthcare agenda. Join your peers in one of our vibrant communities, committees or this chapter and start making a difference right now!
The South Florida chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (SFLHIMSS) is your gateway to new knowledge, contacts, skills and more. As a member, you can take advantage of top-notch healthcare IT programs right in your local area.
Here’s an overview of the many benefits of SFLHIMSS membership:
- Expand your circle of colleagues and contacts
- Network at chapter events – including an annual golf tournament, one-day educational conference, and student only event; enjoy member pricing
- Learn from and exchange knowledge with industry experts
- Gain special access to local leaders and the South Florida healthcare market
- Participate in our active LinkedIn group
- Get involved and step into leadership roles
- Learn about local job opportunities
There are three individual membership options:
- Chapter only membership: $30
- Regular HIMSS membership (includes complimentary chapter membership): $180
- Full-time Student HIMSS membership(includes complimentary chapter membership): $30
SFLHIMSS was organized to promote the professional development of members, to improve the reputation of the profession and to encourage advancement in the field of health care management systems. Our objectives are to promote the sharing of ideas and experiences, work on joint projects at the local level and to provide a forum for meeting and networking among local professionals in the field of healthcare systems.
The SFLHIMSS chapter was first organized in 1988 and has grown both in sophistication and membership. The chapter started with a dozen members and can now boast that it has over 1,200 members. The Board of Directors is elected by the membership. The geographic area outlined in the by-laws of the SFLHIMSS chapter includes Broward, Dade, Collier, Hendry, Lee, Martin, Monroe, Palm Beach Counties, Latin America, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean. National HIMSS members not in these counties have the option to choose the SFLHIMSS chapter as their local chapter.
HIMSS is the healthcare industry's membership organization exclusively focused on providing global leadership for the optimal use of healthcare information technology and management systems for the betterment of healthcare. Founded in 1961 with offices in Chicago, Washington D.C., Brussels, and other locations across the United States and Europe, HIMSS represents more than 20,000 individual members and over 300 corporate members that collectively represent organizations employing millions of people. HIMSS frames and leads healthcare public policy and industry practices through its advocacy, educational and professional development initiatives designed to promote information and management systems' contributions to ensuring quality patient care. Visit www.himss.org
for more information.